While you always have the option to access your Verizon email account through a web application and mobile phone, however, if you wish to access and manage your Verizon email account from an email program such as Microsoft Outlook, you will need to have information on the Verizon email settings for configuration on Outlook. In this guide, you will not only find the information about the required Verizon email settings for configuration on Outlook but also find the step-by-step instructions on how to set up your Verizon email account Outlook.
Email Settings Required for Configuration of Account on Outlook
|SERVICE PROVIDER||INCOMING SERVER||PORT||SECURITY||OUTGOING SERVER||PORT||SECURITY||USERNAME|
|Outlook.com||Pop3.live.com||995||SSL||Smtp.live.com||25 87||Authentication SSL/TLS||Full email address|
Steps to Set Up Verizon Email Account Microsoft Outlook
NOTE: The below-mentioned steps are based on the configuration of the Verizon email account Microsoft Outlook 10. The steps may vary according to the version of your email program.
- On your computer, you will need to launch the Outlook program. Once the Outlook opens on your screen, you will need to click on the “File” tab. This will open a drop-down menu on your screen.
- From the drop-down menu that appears on your screen, you will need to click on the “Add Account” option.
- Next, you will need to select the checkbox next to “Manually configure server settings or additional server types” option and click on the “Next” button. Then again you will need to click on the “Next” button.
- On the next screen, you will need to enter your name and your Verizon email address in the prompted fields and enter the following information in the relevant fields.
- In the Incoming Mail Server field, you will need to enter “incoming.verizon.net” (without quotation marks).
- In the Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) field, you will need to outgoing.verizon.net (without quotation marks).
- Similarly, you will need to enter your Verizon username and password in the prompted fields and click on the “More Settings” button.
- Next, you will need to go to the “Outgoing Servers” tab in the More Settings section.
- Then, you will need to select the checkbox next to the “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication” option.
- After that, you will need to go to the “Advanced” tab.
- In the Advanced tab, you will need to enter “995” in the Incoming Server (POP3) field.
- Similarly, you will need to enter “465” in the Outgoing Server (SMTP) field.
- Finally, you will need to click on the OK > Next > Finish button. The configuration process will get completed successfully.
So, these are the email settings that you will need to set up your Verizon email account on your Microsoft Outlook email program.